Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Houston bicycle accident lawyer, James Walker, knows how devastating a bike collision can be. These accidents are more common than you might think and happen daily in Houston. If you or someone you know has been injured in a bicycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, it is essential to seek representation. Hire an experienced Houston bicycle attorney like Walker Texas Lawyer. They will aggressively protect your rights and make sure you receive justice.
Walker Texas Lawyer is committed to helping bicycle riders in the Houston area obtain fair compensation for their injuries. He understands that this accident has significantly impacted your life. He will work tirelessly on your behalf to get you the most compensation possible. Walker Texas Lawyer can investigate what caused this collision. He will gather evidence demonstrating who is at fault for the accident.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of an injury due to another’s negligence, you may have grounds to file suit. To learn about your legal options, contact a bike accident attorney. A Personal Injury lawyer can help you decide the best avenue to pursue justice.
Need a Bicycle Accident Lawyer?
An accident can change a person’s life in a brief moment. This is especially true when bicycle riders are involved in a collision with a vehicle. More than 300 Houston area bicycle riders are injured yearly in negligent accidents.
The injuries and consequences of bike accidents are similar to those of car accidents but amplified. When you’ve been hit on a bike, there’s little to protect you from flying a hundred feet at breakneck speeds. You may suffer injuries such as:
- Broken bones such as shattered bones and hips, compound and simple fractures, and complete breaks.
- Head trauma like concussions, fractured skulls, and traumatic brain injury.
- Spinal cord injuries resulting in paralysis, quadriplegia, tetraplegia, and paraplegia
The costs of these injuries can be astronomical, and missing extended time at work can exacerbate this. Fortunately, there may be a way to stay afloat financially.
If you believe that another party is responsible for your bicycle accident and the injuries you have suffered, you may be able to file a suit to recover damages. Some common items include:
- Lost wages
- Future lost earnings
- Medical care costs
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
- Pain and suffering
Personal Injury Bicycle Lawsuit
The lawsuit process begins at the site of the accident. If you are conscious and able, you should take photos of the accident scene, your bicycle, and the involved vehicle. Get the names and contact numbers of all witnesses. Call the police and make a report. Be cautious when you speak to law enforcement officers. They need to know what happened, but please don’t say that any part of the accident was your fault. Anything you say will later be used against you. Save your clothes. They may later be useful as evidence.
What Happens In An Accident case?
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention – You may think you’re not injured, but it’s possible to wake up with aches and pains caused by the accident. If you wait too long or don’t seek treatment, your insurer will try to claim in court later on down the line that these injuries were due elsewhere than what happened during or after an auto collision.
- An insurance adjuster will probably ask you after a car accident for statements, so it’s essential to be safe and intelligent. Insurance companies can make things look bad if you give too much information. Regardless of how kind and compassionate the adjuster seems, adjusters work for the insurance company. They do not work for injured people, and your words can easily be twisted around to blame you, at least partially, for the accident.
- The lawsuit – After your attorney reviews the facts of the case, including the police and investigative reports, they will file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf. You are named as the plaintiff, and the person you sue is the defendant.
- Discovery – After a lawsuit is filed, the accused has to answer questions under oath. Medical experts review your medical records and determine what type of work you can do now or in the future after an accident; financial consultants evaluate how much money was lost because of this incident. A reconstruction team may also be needed for some accidents where no witnesses are available.
- Settlement Process- The insurer will likely make a settlement offer, or your attorney will open negotiations. If they can agree on something fair for both parties, then this deal’s terms will be put into writing. After approval from the court, it’ll turn into an official judgment.
- Trial: If a fair settlement cannot be agreed upon, your attorney will vigorously present your case at trial.
Why Should You Consult a Bicycle Accident Lawyer?
The bicycle is one of the most common modes of transportation, especially for people who live in cities. However, it can also be dangerous if you’re not careful! If your life has been impacted negatively because someone caused an accident with your bike, then don’t hesitate to seek legal representation. You deserve compensation for someone else’s negligence.
If you need an attorney following a bicycle accident, contact Walker Texas Lawyer today for a free consultation or call Toll-free today at 713-552-1117. Don’t hesitate to get justice!