Unfortunately, car accidents are quite common in the United States and the majority of these crashes occur as a result of human negligence and error. A small accident might result in fatal injuries. While not all accidents can be avoided, many can be. We will discuss how to avoid car accidents.
Car Accident Statistics
In USA, 5,687,000 police-reported car accidents are recorded every year. Reports also suggest that out of those, 2 million drivers suffered permanent injuries and about 32, 719 lost their lives. About 1/3rd of the fatalities occur because of drunk-drivers, 1/4th involves speeding and 1/3rd involves reckless driving.
How To Avoid Car Accidents?
Careful driving and taking necessary precautions can help you avoid catastrophic accidents that can, God forbid, take your life. Below listed are a few steps to ensure that you are not at risk while driving. They basic key points are to obey traffic rules, avoid distractions, drive rested and not drive if you have consumed alcohol or drugs.
- Follow traffic rules and regulations religiously.
- Never forget to wear seatbelt when driving.
- Be a defensive driver. This way you can foresee and predict car crashes and avoid recklessness.
- Don’t use mobile phones while driving. They tend to distract you and distraction in the wrong moment for even a second can prove to be calamitic.
- Don’t surpass the suggested speed limit. This will help you pull the brake easily whenever required.
- Adjust mirrors to your liking and check your rearview and side mirrors every 15 seconds.
- Never drive when you are drunk or intoxicated.
Have been involved in a car accident because of somebody else’s fault? Contact the best personal injury lawyer to fight for your rights. Contact Walker Texas Lawyer by visiting https://walkertexaslawyer.com/ or by calling 713-552-1117 to get all the compensation that you deserve.